Surveying the boardwalk damage in Seaside w/ the Lt Governor and local officials right now. pic.twitter.com/GCLXNGrewO— Governor Christie (@GovChristie)
Today the fire is 95% contained. The damage here extends from Lincoln to Stockton avenues. pic.twitter.com/vlIaM2pKI7— Governor Christie (@GovChristie) September 13, 2013
UN chief Ban says expects UN experts’ report will confirm use of chemical weapons in #Syria & Assad committed many crimes against humanity— louis charbonneau (@lou_reuters) September 13, 2013
On the Twitter blog:
Some users may be experiencing issues accessing Twitter. Our engineers are currently working to resolve the issue.
Stand by, and follow us on Tumblr and Facebook.
STATEMENT: CSX Transportation Statement 5/28/13 4:30 p.m.
Rosedale, Maryland, derailment
CSX is working with emergency responders at Rosedale, Maryland, on the derailment of a CSX freight train. CSX’s top priority is the safety of the community, the emergency responders and the environment, and an emergency response plan is activated to provide full support.
CSX understands that at least one person, the driver of a truck struck by the train immediately before the derailment, was seriously injured. CSX’s train crew – a locomotive engineer and conductor – was not seriously injured. CSX encourages area residents to monitor news reports and notification systems to be advised of any road closures or evacuation orders.
An investigation is under way. The train was en route from Selkirk, N.Y., to Waycross, Ga., when the derailment occurred around 2 p.m. today. It appears that about a dozen rail cars are involved, including at least one rail car containing a material classified by U.S. Department of Transportation as a hazardous material. That is sodium chlorate, an oxidizer used in a variety of industrial processes. The train was being pulled by two locomotives and had 45 rail cars, containing a variety of products from lumber to printing paper.
George Zimmerman’s defense team is seeking a six-week trial delay in the trial, questioning whether certain evidence may be used.
- BREAKING: Judge DENIES motion to delay trial. Jury selection to begin June 10, 2013 in Florida.
- Martin’s alleged marijuana use will not be mentioned in trial.
- Martin’s text messages before his death cannot be used.
- Martin’s school records and history of fighting can be mentioned outside of opening statements.
- Shellie Zimmerman can be deposed by the state, but she will be able to invoke her Fifth Amendment right on a question-by-question basis.
- Neither side can mention social media info in opening statements. It must pass authentication to be admissible in court.
- Marijuana in Martin’s system can’t be allowed in opening statements. Nelson will determine if it can be used in trial.
- Judge says just juror numbers, no names, will be said in court. Media may not photograph. Will not sequester all 500 potential jurors.
- Judge denies request to allow jury to visit Sanford, FL neighborhood
- Hearing scheduled for Friday May 31 at 1:30 p.m. to discuss whether jury’s faces will be shown.